The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore


Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, #3)Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It felt as if I had been waiting forever for this book to come out, as I had thoroughly enjoyed the other books in this series and I was pleased how the character from the other books were all drawn so well into Bitterblue's story.  I love Cashore's beautiful, poetic style of writing as she breathes life into characters and imagery, but I will say that while the language in this book is clean, there are some situations which I would not recommend for the 'younger' young adult.

Bitterblue is a young queen, trying to help her kingdom heal from the atrocities of their former king, her father (these are the situations I refer to as they uncover the truth about her father the crimes are sexual and physical abuses against young girls).  As she escapes into the city alone at night, Bitterblue discovers her kingdom is not as stable as she has been led to believe, and the legacy left by her father is one of suffering, hate, and deception.

As Bitterblue unravels the mysteries plaguing her kingdom we're taken on a rollercoaster of mystery, deceit, romance, and adventure.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment