The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Princess of the Midnight BallPrincess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Princess of the Midnight Ball is a fun and unique twist of the Twelve Dancing Princesses. Even though this fairytale has been one of my favorites for a long time and knew the outcome, I had a hard putting it down. Jessica does very well weaving knew mystery, intrigue, and bringing the characters to life.




Galen is a soldier returned from war, turned royal gardener. The princesses are wearing out their slippers every night, even though they are at times deathly ill. It is obvious to Galen; they aren't doing this by choice. But then, who is forcing them? Why? And why won't the girls tell anyone and ask for help? Thus begins this exciting journey of dancing at the Midnight Ball underground.




Not only was this book an enjoyable and easy read, but it was written beautifully without foul language or suggestive material. A wholesome and fun read that I would gladly let my girls read when they are older.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment