The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The RoadThe Road by Cormac McCarthy


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Wow. The moment I started reading this book I couldn't put it down, not necessarily always in a good way. Sometime it was like when you see a catastrophe on the news and can't pull yourself away. The Road is a simple, but moving story of a man and son living in a grey, post-apocalyptic world just trying to survive. The book was dark, suspenseful, frightening, and heart-wrenching. McCarthy writes it in such a simple but poetic prose; you can't help but be drawn into this dark and horrific world. But even in through it all, a father's love for his son cannot be altered.




View all my reviews

1 comment: