The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Save the DateSave the Date by Jenny B. Jones


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I received this cute novel from booksneeze. Save the Date really surprised me. I started reading it last night, thinking I would just get started on it, but found I couldn’t put it down! I read straight through to the end.


Lucy has started Saving Grace, a home for girls who are transitioning from state care to adulthood. The girls under her care are thriving but she is dealt a severe blow. Her funding has been cut by a major supporter and the landlord is selling their building to the city. Forced to approach the who’s who elite of South Caroline at a gala to try and convince board members to change their minds about funding, she is completely out of her element.


Alex is the son of the CEO of Sinclair hotels; a former football player forced into retirement from a blown knee, and is now running for congress. He’s assigned by his father to try and keep a certain Lucy from harassing their board members. Lucy remembers Alex from high school, as a rich snob who harassed the scholarship girl, herself.


In a comical and amusing twist of fate the paparazzi turns them into ‘a couple’. Because of it Alex rises in the polls and with an eviction notice on Lucy’s door, the two come to an easy solution for both of them.


This book left me turning to the end! It was a fun, unbelievably witty, romantic, and clean story about letting go of our insecurities, and believing in ourselves. I recommend it to anyone in need of a good romantic comedy!






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment