The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Iron King


The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1)

I'll admit, the Iron King didn’t necessarily grab me from the beginning, but as the story progressed I found myself itching to read more. The story of Meghan, a girl just about to turn 16, finds her life suddenly turned upside as she is introduced into the magical world and her father isn't who she thought he was and neither is her best friend Robbie.


I found that although it lacked the seat-gripping suspense I expected, it was well written with enough intrigue and mystery to keep me going. My complaint, however, is some of the language sprinkled through-out the book. It was completely unnecessary, as well as disappointing for a book considered to be a teen-fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment