The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Forest Born


Forest Born (The Books of Bayern, #4)
Okay, technically, I give this 3 1/2 stars. Shannon Hale, once again, delivers a poetic and beautifully written book.  It is another wonderful example of a young girl trying to find herself, while staying true to what she knows is right.  I guess what bothered me was, having read the previous 3 Bayern books, I expected some sort of romance to suddenly develop in the story, which never did.  Now, I don't think a book has to have romance to be an excellent book, but I felt let down expecting one to crop-up.  That being said, I also hope this isn't the last book, I feel the main character Rin was left under-developed and had yet to discover who she really was. This left the reader (me) wanting at the end. It is a beautifully written and moral story that I would let my daughter read. I just hope this isn't the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment