The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #1)The Alchemyst by Michael Scott

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I keep flip-flopping between giving this 3 stars or 4. I enjoyed it, and obviously kept reading it. But I wouldn't exactly dub it a nail biter, nor was it difficult for me to put down and take care of other things (like my kids). So, in the end I decided to round up and give it 4. The thing I did thoroughly enjoy was the historical content within the novel. I love how he based some of the main characters from real people, weaving in mythological legends, then sprucing it up with his own imagination. I could see my boys really enjoying it in a few years, and it is a clean read without language, or innuendos. While I'm not rushing out to buy it now, I'll probably continue reading the rest of the series.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment