The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Women of the World

I don't have a lot of time to write at the moment. I just finished watching a show on my neighbors porch that AM and her cousins and friend put together. (who knew those songs were sooooooo long?!) Anyway, it's lunch time and A has begun her 'I'm hungry' routine.  Well, as  many of you know, she always does that routine. I believe it's her way of coping with 'I'm bored' which is never a good thing. Anyway, my Mother in-law sent me this quote which I just couldn't help sharing. ( she better be reading this blog....)  I feel this statement is as true today as it was then.  I feel as if I'm under attack by the world for being a Mom first and everything else second.  They speak of Motherhood as if it leaves a stale metallic taste in their mouth. (I know you other mother's can relate)  So here it is!

“Speaking to the women of the Church nearly a century ago, President Joseph F. Smith said: ‘It is not for you to be led by the women of the world; it is for you to lead the . . . women of the world, in everything that is praise-worthy, everything that is God-like, everything that is uplifting and . . . purifying to the children of men’ (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph F. Smith [1998], 184).”

-M. Russell Ballard, “Mothers and Daughters,” Ensign, May 2010, 18

I hope we can take this to heart, and not allow the the world's disillusionment's to find a place in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing that, it's good to keep things like that in our minds.
    I'm also glad to hear that I'm not the only mommy who has to deal with the whole 'I'm hungry' because 'I'm bored' routine.

    ReplyDelete