The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Monday, June 21, 2010

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo



My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a great read as a summer activity with the kids. DiCamillo takes you on a journey with Edward Tulane, a china doll rabbit, as he learns lessons about loving others and being loved. It was a great in-between-ages book since my oldest (who is 8) is currently into books such as Fablehaven and the 13th Reality. I didn't want her bored, but I also needed something young enough for my 6 and 7 yr olds. It was perfect, they loved the description, and characters, and I loved the good moral lesson taught in the story. Everytime I put the book away they begged me to keep reading. My 8 yr old also wants our next book to be from this same Author, so I believe it was a hit.



View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment