The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Clean YA Fiction

A while back I wrote a post about my disappointment in the lack of clean YA fiction.  Some of you were asking for a list of some appropriate YA novels. As my daughter, and son  have now been wanting to read more YA fiction as well, I've compiled more to my list from the last post. Here it is.

Anything Jessica Day George:  My daughter absolutely LOVES these books. She has a dragon series for younger girls as well as the YA  twelve dancing princess's series.

UnEnchanted (An unfortunate fairy tale volume 1) by Chanda Hahn: This was great because the Kindle version of this is free right now! Get it here

The Fairest  (An unfortunate fairy tale volume 2) by Chanda Hahn

The Selection by Kiera Cass
(book 2 in this series is yet to be reviewed.)

Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Taken by Zia Marie

The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher

Unclaimed Heart by Kim Wilkins

Enchanted by Alethea Kontis

Inside Out (book 1) by Maria V. Snyder

Outside In (book 2) by Maria V. Snyder

A Curse Dark As Gold by Elizabeth Bunce

The books which I listed above are listed because I have read the book and approved as having clean content for my own children when of age, but I have not read enough of the author's other books to deem the author completely safe to know my kids can read ALL that the author has written.  Also keep in mind this list is a YA list NOT children's chapter book list.  You THE PARENT know what age group your child is reading or mature enough to read. For me, I have approved this list for my almost 11 yr old daughter.

Happy Reading!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this! I have a 13 year old daughter, and am always a little worried about what I give her to read if I haven't read it first. We have read a couple books on your list, and am looking forward to reading the others. BTW, I'm Susan Brodine's daughter, and she told me about your wonderful writing. :)

    ReplyDelete