The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Selection by Kiera Cass


The Selection (The Selection, #1)The Selection by Kiera Cass
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised I enjoyed this book so much!  Far into the future, the country of Illea (the former countries of Canada and United States) is seeking a bride for the crown prince.  America is the daughter of musicians, a mere Five in the country's caste system, but against all odds she is drawn as the one young woman from her province to be entered into The Selection.  Joined by thirty-four other young women from all over Illea, she is moved into the palace as Prince Maxon decides who will be his future bride.

As I said, I was surprised I enjoyed this novel considering it's resemblance to a certain reality show featuring bachelors and bachelorettes. (I'm not a fan) But, much to the author's credit, I soon found myself attached to the main character. America is feisty, stubborn, and wants’ nothing to do with Prince Maxon, or this game of choosing a bride, but her family could use the compensation money The Selection offers.

As she finds herself caged inside a palace with the pressures of learning the rules of high society, catty girls, mysterious rebel attacks, and heart stuck in two different worlds, she begins to realize she doesn't know she really wants.

I found The Selection a thoroughly entertaining, and clean read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment