The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Out of hiding.

If you had told me it would take almost three months to finally feel "in a groove", I would have laughed.  But here we are, nearly three months later, and I'm just beginning to feel somewhat normal.  We could blame the Holidays, that always seems to turn everything upside down.  Or we could blame it on the fact that I am now on my third round of antibiotics since moving here (Maybe all the humidity is poisoning me) and my body seems to only want sleep.  Either way, it feels as if we have been stuck somewhere between the semi-permanent "quasi tourists", and the transplanted westerner.

Now, as the kids are becoming more comfortable at school and with friends, and I can run a day of errands without the GPS, things are feeling more settled.  Shoot I even had a chance to read a book last week for the first time since moving here! (OK so technically I read eight books last week, but that feels normal.  Don't judge me.)  I even thought about pulling out the old manuscript and working on that this morning. Didn't happen, but I thought about it. That in itself is progress! 

We'll probably continue to be tourists for awhile.  We want to take advantage of living here and being able to do it in small increments.  So far we have managed to take in Harper's Ferry, and go to D.C. twice. (little legs can only handle so much walking in a day)




 Their are still some things that will take a little longer to get used to.  The narrow winding roads (even the four year old commented on that.  I had to pull to the shoulder to let a bus pass me and she said, " Mom, Vewginia woads are cwazy!"), the way the rain smells, or should I say doesn't smell, and all these blingin' squirrels! Here's to a new year!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you are allergic to humidity...you must come home then!!!!! We miss you! I'm excited you thought about your manuscript, that's progress!

    ReplyDelete