The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Saved by my Man....again.

Yes folks.  Once again, that wonderful man in my life has stepped up again and saved the day.  (He does that frequently)  As you know from my previous post, I was a little behind on my editing goal.  Dustin came home Friday night made dinner, and kept the kids occupied and out of my hair until I finished!!  Yes, you read it right...I finished editing Friday night and sent my manuscript off to my wonderful and willing Beta readers.  Now they can chomp, rip, shred, and in doing so...improve my book. Granted, it wasn't the best edit I've ever done since I was going so fast, but good enough I figure!

Now, it was a good thing I got it done Friday because there is no way I would've been able to work on it at all on Saturday.  We had Knowledge Bowl for our 3rd grader. (which they died a horrible and torturous death each round) But they had fun, and because two of their teammates showed up late my 2nd grader was given permission to fill in for the teams so they didn't have to forfeit.  Now we get to add a swallowed marble to the mix. (thankfully it's nothing a little Miralax won't take care of in a couple days.)  Quiet the fun Saturday.

Since I've been working non-stop on my book, and am now waiting to hear from my beta readers, I decided to take the week off from working on any of my manuscripts.  I'm behind on my reviews and housework. (If you hadn't noticed in my bio, it says I am a neat freak which is true)  So, today I decided to start deep cleaning my house. Everyone has a version of deep cleaning, but mine entails washing blinds, windows, baseboards, doors, walls, vacuum under furniture, wash curtains and etc. After working all day, I managed to finish the master bedroom and loft.  Hmm, maybe I need to re-think this?  Now on to catching up on some reviews.  I apologize ahead of time if you see nothing on here but book reviews for a few posts.  But hey, this is munchkins and manuscripts, a long list of book reviews is bound to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment