The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pearl: A Life Too Short; A Death Too LongPearl: A Life Too Short; A Death Too Long by Darlene Cox


My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I have to say, I flip-flopped on whether I should give this book one or two stars. I like a good mystery just as well as the next person, and it was certainly a mystery with a lot of potential. I don't even have complaints as to the author's talent and ability to put the story it writing. Those two reasons are why I gave it two stars. The content, however, is what made me dislike this book.




The mystery is based on finding a woman's body that is brutally beaten and sexually assaulted. The graphic and needless detail as well as the frequent topic of sex in an array of situations made this book one which I would never recommend to anyone. A great disappointment.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment