The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #3)The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I have loved this series from the beginning, but ever since my slight disappointment with The Mockingjay (The final book in the Hunger Games) I've been a bit worried that I would be let down again with another series I have so thoroughly enjoyed. Thankfully Carrie Ryan doesn't disappoint.

I don't want to give away anything from the two previous books (if you haven't read them yet, which you should) so I'll try to be careful with this review.

The Dark and Hollow Places takes the reader into the Dark City, formerly known as New York City, with Annah. She's alone in this city of crime and oppression, ruled by the Recruiters since the rebellion. She's taken care of herself for three years since Elias (her brother/not brother) left to join the recruiters.

When Annah finds herself suddenly teamed up with Catcher, a boy immune to the plague of the unconsecrated, and who claims to know Elias as well as her long lost twin sister, her world begins to spiral out of control.

Ryan does an amazing job weaving a world full of chaos, greed, and humans losing their humanity in a world where they are on the verge of extinction. But through it all there are some who refuse to lose their feeling, even through all the pain, because it means they are still human.

I loved the ending of this book as it reaches for the answer to the question, how far would you go to survive? 





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment