The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Forgotten GardenThe Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I'll admit, it took me a bit of work to get into this novel, which in of itself is a bit shocking. Considering it starts basically with a four year old girl being abandoned on a boat from England to Australia. I wonder if the problem was more with me being distracted and busy than a problem with the Author or the book itself. Once I able to sit down for awhile and thoroughly enjoy Kate Morton's descriptive prose, I was swept up into the mystery of the young girl ,Nell.




The reader is given bare snippets of this unraveling mystery as we are thrust back and forth between 2005, 1976,and the early 1900's. Tantalizingly slow, we are given nuggets of information as we feel the heartache, romance, and loss of this beautifully written novel. Very enjoyable.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment