The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuck EverlastingTuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Tuck Everlasting was chosen for a book club's book this month. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I have never read this before, and I did enjoy it. It was certainly unique, but I never truly felt satisfied reading it. The characters never fully came alive to me. I felt there was so much left to learn about them, especially Winnie after the Tucks left. I wanted to know how she came to her final decision, without merely being told by Tuck's discovery. The end left me feeling robbed. But I enjoyed the concept of the fountain of youth, and the idea of those who unwittingly had drunk from it found it a curse rather than a blessing.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment