The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Friday, January 21, 2011

The Dark Divine (The Dark Divine, #1)The Dark Divine by Bree Despain


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I'll admit this book felt a lot like many of the others I've recently binged on. It was entertaining, with some mystery, intrigue, romance, and a little supernatural as well, but why I like this one more is it tended to be cleaner than many of the others like it.




Grace Divine is the daughter of a Protestant Pastor and a devout Christian. She finds her life thrown into chaos as a childhood friend suddenly returns, which her father welcomes, but mother and brother disdain. She want to help him, but nothing is going as it should, and as she tries to be more giving her brother pulls further away.




What I love about this book is, although it does bring in the supernatural, it focuses on turning to the light rather than embracing the darkness. I certainly wouldn't mind continuing the series.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment