The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Widower's WifeThe Widower's Wife by Prudence Bice


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I enjoy romance, and this was a quick and easy read. I love the mail order bride story and the little bit of mystery added to it in the form of Jillian's mysterious heartbreak. I found it fairly well written and was drawn into the story at the beginning. My only complaint, however, was the way the flashbacks were done. I felt when switching view points, Bice gave to much repetative detail. It felt redundant and was a bit distracting to the flow of the story. I would still recommend reading it though, especially if your in the mood for a snuggle under the blanket, with a hot chocolate, and a warm fuzzy ending.




View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment