The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Pindar DiamondThe Pindar Diamond by Katie Hickman


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I won this book off Goodreads First-reads and I was unaware it is the sequel to a book, however, I think it helped provide a bit more punch for the mystery since I had no background information. Placed at the beginning of the 15th Century, the book begins immediately with a mysterious woman and her baby found half drowned in some obscure Italian Village. I was immediately engrossed, and as more characters were introduced, so was the intrigue. This book was well written, with a undeniably inventive plot, however, reader beware: there is language as well as disappointing crudity and bedroom scenes which I felt took away from the overall quality of the book rather than adding to.



View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good one. I love reading your reviews, they're almost as entertaining as a book is!!

    ReplyDelete