The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1)The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


My 8 year old has been pestering me to read this since we have a rule which states she can not read certain books until I've read them first. I know she would love this book! I always have always loved Greek Mythology so with that as the main theme I was hooked. The lightning Thief takes you on an extraordinary journey into the world of Greek myth's with suspenseful scenes as Percy searches to discover who is father is thus discovering his true identity as well uncovering who stole the lightening bolt! While sometimes tense for the young reader it is also with enjoyable humor dappled throughout involving comical satyrs and spunky kids, which even made me laugh a few times. I didn't find the scenes as scary as some in the 13th Reality or Fablehaven which is always a plus for a child with an over-active imagination at night! I will definitely be getting this series for my kids and will continue reading it myself.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment