The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

His Sacred Name - An Easter Declaration



As a family we have been studying the life of the Savior's last week on earth, building up to his resurrection for Easter. As we spoke about each day of the week and what He did each day, starting with Palm Sunday, it has been amazing to watch my children's understanding grow. But the most rewarding was seeing my sweet 9 year old daughter's testimony of Easter blossom as tears filled her eyes when we spoke about the day of His crucifixion. Putting the Easter bunny in the background and the Savior front and center this entire week has made for one of the most memorable Easter's I've had. Let's remember why we celebrate.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw your profile posted on mormon.org

    I'm a writer/blogger too, and it's fun to stumble across other mommy writers out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom just passed away, which made this Easter special. My children "get it" the resurrection now in a way they never had before.

    ReplyDelete