The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Invasion (C.H.A.O.S., #1)Invasion by J.S. Lewis


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I want to first state that I have never in my life read a comic book, nor ever had a desire to. But Lewis manages to draw in even the least of the comic fans (me). We begin as Colt's father is dropping him off to interview at a mysterious academy in Washington D.C., one you cannot apply to, but are invited to. As Colt begins the introduction to the academy, he discovers the world isn't quite as he always thought. He meets Bigfoot, who is an instructor at the academy, and discovers that most of the comic books he has read growing up are fact. The academy is a school to train C.H.A.O.S Agents, those who keep these other creatures from accessing their world. Colt is put through various tests, and at the end, his mind is wiped clean and sent home as they deliberate his scores. Thus begins the rollercoaster of mysterious happenings, intrigue, and ultimately Colt’s self discovery as trouble begins to seek him out, forcing him to act.




As I mentioned before, I am not a comic book fan, but I really did enjoy reading this book. It was well written, fun, entertaining, and piqued my curiosity to read to the end.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment