The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Christmas BoxThe Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


We decided to read the Christmas Box for our Book Club this month. It was a perfect choice since this month is a busy one for everyone, and it is a short story. I read it in less than an hour. As embarrassed as I am to admit, I had never read this book before. Yes, I know, shocking. But I have never been especially drawn to much of Richard Paul Evans work. Anyway, it was also fitting to read this month as it reminds us all of the true meaning of Christmas. What we should really be celebrating.




That being said, I don't necessarily find it one of the most moving books I have ever read. It was sad, it was touching, and I'm always glad for reminders to appreciate my precious children more, but I did not cry. In fact I didn't feel a drive to keep reading the book. It was mostly the fact that it was our Book Club book this month which compelled me to the end of it.




I would suggest reading it for Christmas, if you haven't before, but I'll probably still remember it well enough for next year.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment