The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dante's JourneyDante's Journey by JC Marino


My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I really went back and forth awhile deciding what to rate this. As far as Marino's writing abilities, they aren't bad. In fact, he does very well with his characterization, and the plot has plenty of mystery, and action. But I could hardly get through the book. Joe's character is well laid out and you can visualize him perfectly. Unfortunately, the cadence of Joe's speech felt rough, and coarse when I read it. I periodically had to take a break from it because it grated on my nerves so much (which can be a problem when the entire book is through his perspective). So, that is where my dilemma comes in, I want to give it more stars because Marino did write it well, but I can't because it is not something I would say I enjoyed reading, nor would I recommend it to my friends. The enjoyment of this book purely depends upon your particular taste in different styles of books.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment