The everyday life of an everyday woman with a passion for writing, and a dream… Mommeeeee! I need help wiping! Oh yes, and five little kids.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Secret Speakers and the Search for Selador's GateSecret Speakers and the Search for Selador's Gate by Karey (K.S.R. Kingworth) Shane


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


As the Hoomin (not to be confused with human) people suffer under the rule of a tyranical king, one girl sets the prophecy to the end of this Dictatorship into motion. This book was a good entertaining read with many religions correlations, which reminded me frequently of The Chronicals of Narnia, by C.S. Lewis. Kingworth's plot also relies heavily upon the Plan of Salvation, where as if you may not be a Mormon, you might not pick up on that as quickly. She does a great job of bringing the main character, Fair, to life, but my only complaint is her journey through the woods. Her journey following the grassy path, with a scared rabbit, a stone without a heart, and a crazy monkey, while looking for her dog was a little to similar to another story. (Dorothy, cowardly lion, heartless tin-man, and scarecrow without a brain.) It was hardly original and I nearly stopped reading it, but once moving on past that point, the story was able to redeem itself, but I still deducted a star for it!



View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment